Sniff your screen. Smell anything? Maybe if you scratch it and then sniff it. How 'bout now? No? Well that really sucks for you, 'cause my freaking house smells AMAZING!!
Currently in the dehydrator is onion bread. I've heard rumours all over the raw 'net lately about an angelically-tasty recipe for raw onion bread. The whispers were that it's the most amazing thing they've ever tasted, that it changed their views on raw food, and that it can perform miracles!
Well, not miracles, that's a fib, but when I ALSO found reference to it in a raw cookbook I was reading, and then was presented with that very recipe I though, "Oh my gosh! It's pre-ordained! I must make it, and bring it to Montreal this weekend!" Carla, if you're reading this, you're in for a TREAT lady!
The recipe is as follows:
Onion Bread (the numbers in () are thirds of the recipe--the amount I made to try it. It makes about one tray full)
(1) 3 lg yellow onions
(1/4) 3/4 c flax seed, ground in a high speed blender
(1/4) 3/4 c raw sunflower seeds, ground in a food processor
(2 tbsp) 1/2 c Nama Shoyu or tamari
(5 tbsp) 1/3 c olive oil
* Peel and halve the onions.
* In a food processor, cut the onions with the slicing disk.
* Transfer to a large mixing bowl, add the remaining ingredients, and mix until all are thoroughly combined.
* Spread 2 cups of mixture evenly on a dehydrator tray with a teflex sheet.
* Repeat until all the mixture is used. Dehydrate at 100 for 24 hours.
* Flip the crackers onto a tray with mesh only and remove teflex, and dehydrate another 12 hours. Once dehydrated cut into 9 equal pieces.
Can you hear them? Can you hear the angels singing??!!
Oh my great golly! Even though it's like a day from being done, it's FANTASTIC! It reminds me quite strongly of onion rings. You know, that one time you found a place that had the BEST onion rings in the world? The taste like THAT place!
The next day I brought the bread to work, and it was GONE. People were exclaiming about it being so good, and one lady said that she "had to walk away" because she'd be back for another piece. I told her there was nothing unhealthy in it, and that she should feel free to have another, or even a third slice! This from a raw food poo-pooer!