Thursday, May 31, 2012

Goodness my week has been crazy busy!  I was all planned up for making my raw meals, then WHAMMO all the planning went out the window!

However, that doesn't mean that I haven't been eating mostly raw like my Mostly Raw June plans!  Even though it's not June yet!

We decided that we didn't want to wait another week, so we went mostly raw this past Monday, May 28th.  Why not right?  Take advantage of the enthusiasm!!

To the right is what I bought for week one.  Yes, that's the ENTIRE length of my (admittedly small) kitchen!  Isn't it beautiful?

The container on the bottom left is hemp protein powder, and the orange and black bag just past it is hemp hearts.  I figured I'd buy enough for the month right away.  Hemp is a great source of protein and micro nutrients! 

I use hemp protein powder in my smoothies, and hemp hearts sprinkled on just about anything.  Hemp hearts have a delicious nutty flavour, and are chewy.  I tried them for the first time only a month ago, when I found there was a bag of them in a swag bag I got from a meeting I attended.  They're also not super expensive, especially when you figure you only sprinkle a tbsp or two per meal.

We're doing well eating mostly raw so far, with lots of different meals, everything from simple fruit salads, to chocolate breakfast smoothies (yes, a healthy and delicious version!), to raw burritos, to "popcorn" made with cauliflower!  The only thing I changed, was exchanging chili powder for the cayenne.  I really like the chili powder/nutritional yeast combination, so I figured it would be great on raw popcorn.  And you know what?  It was totally awesome!

That's all the time I have tonight unfortunately, but as my parting gift:

Raw (and healthy) Chocolate Smoothie

2-3 cups raw almond milk
1/4 ripe avocado
5 honey dates (or to taste)
Bit of real vanilla
Coconut milk (optional)
1-2 tbsp dark cocoa
1-2 tbsp raw cacao powder
1 banana

Blend together in a blender.  Drink.  You can thank me later. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment